Tour de Yorkshire 2017
Alzheimer’s Society – Official charity partner of Tour de Yorkshire 2017
Alzheimer’s Society has been selected to be the official charity partner of the Tour de Yorkshire 2017, an internationally-renowned professional cycling event taking place 28 - 30 April 2017.
Tour de Yorkshire, now in its third year, is organised by Welcome to Yorkshire and was originally inspired by the resounding success of the Grand Depart of 2014’s Tour de France, which took place in Yorkshire. It is now the best-attended professional cycle race in the UK. This year’s edition will take in the six host towns of Bradford, Bridlington, Fox Valley (Sheffield), Harrogate, Scarborough and Tadcaster over three stages.
Keen amateur cyclists can sign up to the Tour de Yorkshire Ride. All participants will be given the option to ride in aid of Alzheimer’s Society, making every mile count by raising vital funds for those affected by dementia.
Alzheimer’s Society is seeking hundreds of volunteers to help raise funds and awareness in the lead up to the event and along the route, including those who would like to take on a lead volunteer role and assist in coordination and recruitment.
We are also keen to hear from any businesses, schools, cycling clubs or other organisations who would like to get involved in supporting the partnership.
- Text TOUR to 70660 to donate £5 to Alzheimer’s Society
- If you'd like to volunteer on the day, please email [email protected] with your name, address, contact number and the day and location you would like to join the bucket collection.
- Want to arrange your own fundraising event or activity to celebrate our partnership with Tour de Yorkshire? Please email [email protected] to get in touch with our fundraising team.
- Want to ride a stage of the Tour and raise vital funds for Alzheimer’s Society? Visit the official website for Tour de Yorkshire for more information, with further exciting updates coming soon!
- If you have any questions for the team, or would like to get involved in any other way, please contact [email protected]