Putting care right – care at home
- Support. Stay. Save found that people with dementia and carers greatly value living in their own home but many are not receiving sufficient support and care for this to be a reality.
- Lack of support at home can lead to admission to hospital, early entry into care homes, and increased strain on carers.
- Many care home workers reported they still needed more training on delivering good dementia care.
What the Society is calling for
- Support for people with dementia to live independently in their own homes and avoid early and unnecessary admission to long term care.
- Commissioners to recognise the considerable resources already being spent across health and social care on dementia and the opportunity to use them more effectively.
- Home care workers to be supported to provide good care to people with dementia in their own homes.
Contact email@example.com for more information.