Fundraising using the internet and email
Many of our previous event participants have found using the internet to be one of their most effective form of fundraising: it is easy to set up an internet sponsor form which you can then e-mail to your contacts and share using social media - even friends on the other side of the world can sponsor you! It's quick and easy to donate, and the amounts given tend to be higher.
'Fantastic that you've teamed up with Justgiving.com, it's made getting sponsorship money so much easier!'
Go to www.justgiving.com/alzheimerssoc and simply follow the instructions to set up your page. See below for top tips.
- Click on the 'Create your page' button on the bottom of the page. Click on the event you are participating in. If it is not shown you can create your own by clicking on sporting / personal / in memory / other.
- Personalise your page with a photo of yourself in your t-shirt/ vest.
- Add a message for your potential sponsors on the page and draft a thank you message. This is automatically sent to your sponsors.
- Send updates to your sponsors, friends, relatives and colleagues on how you are doing - both in terms of fundraising and training for the event. It's nice for those who have already supported you, and acts as a gentle nudge for those who haven't yet gotten around to donating!
- Adapt your personal (or work) e-mail signature and add a line at the bottom telling people about the event you are doing, including the address of your web page.
- Ask to be put onto your company website, either its public website or private company intranet. If they produce a newsletter, you could ask to be included in this, too.
- As with more traditional forms of fundraising, please encourage your supporters to tick the Gift Aid fields - the Inland Revenue will give the Alzheimer's Society 25p for every £1 donated.
For your information...
The site has been designed by experts in the field, and is fully compliant with all data protection requirements.
Supporters will not be bombarded with unsolicited emails.
The Alzheimer's Society receives notification of all payments once a month, whereupon they will be processed and added to your fundraising total.