South Wales area
Welcome to the South Wales page. Here you can find out what is happening in your area, and how you can organise an event yourself.
Need some local fundraising support?
Your community fundraiser is here to give you a hand by offering you support, materials and advice. Alternatively tell us about your fundraising idea and we will get in touch with you.
Community Fundraiser - South East and Gwent
Tel: 07568 116330
Community Fundraiser - South West Wales
Tel: 07725 600595 or 01269 597411
Join us on Facebook and Twitter
Join Alzheimer's Society South Wales on Facebook and Twitter - find out about upcoming events, local news stories and volunteering opportunities near you.
- Snowdon Midnight Challenge - 13 May 2016. Climb Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales, at night! Take on this unique challenge to climb by torch and moonlight and reach the summit.
- Velothon Wales - 22 May 2016. Velothon Wales promises to deliver a weekend of cycling on a scale that Wales has never before witnessed.
- Women's Running 10K Race Series - 29 May 2016. The Women's Running 10K is making it’s return to Cardiff’s Bute Park for the third consecutive year and it is set to be even bigger and better than last year with the same friendly atmosphere.
Swansea Half Marathon - 26 June 2016. Why not run for us through the heart of Swansea city, taking in the sights of Swansea Castle, the stunning views of Swansea Bay down to the Gower Peninsula
- Cardiff Half Marathon - 2 October 2016. The Cardiff Half Marathon starts in front of Cardiff Castle and finishes in the heart of the city at the civic centre. What better way of seeing Cardiff than running the beautiful route, taking in the city's most famous sights and historic buildings, while raising money for Alzheimer's Society?
- There will be local news to follow shortly.
Local volunteering opportunities
Do you have some time to spare? Everyone has something to contribute to the Society. Volunteering is flexible, ranging from a few hours a year to several hours a week. It's your choice.
Find out more about volunteering opportunities in South Wales.
Take your first step towards a world without dementia
Memory Walk will be back next September, taking place across England, Wales and Northern Ireland to raise money for a world without dementia. We need thousands of people to walk with us - because arm in arm, step by step and pound by pound, we will get there.
People of all ages and abilities can join in, from grandparents to grandchildren, and even your furry four-legged friends. It's a day for everyone to come together, celebrate loved ones affected by dementia, and raise money to reclaim the future.
Click here to register your interest. Dates and venues will be released soon.
A Gift in your Will
To find out about leaving a Gift in your Will, more information can be found here.
More about Alzheimer's Society in South Wales
In South Wales there are over 25,000 people living with dementia, and it is predicted that this figure will rise to over 30,000 by 2021.
There are support groups and local services which provide day care and home care for people with dementia, as well as support and befriending services to help partners and families cope with the demands of caring.