South Wales area
Welcome to the South Wales page. Here you can find out what is happening in your area, and how you can organise an event yourself.
Need some local fundraising support?
Community Fundraiser - South West Wales
Tel: 07725 600595 or 01269 597411
Community Fundraiser - South East Wales
Tel: 07484 510012 or 02920 475573
Community Fundraiser - Gwent
Tel: 07483 138049 or 02920 475573
Senior Regional Corporate Partnership Executive - Wales
Tel: 07834 501221 or 02920 475579
Join us on Facebook and Twitter
Join Alzheimer's Society South Wales on Facebook and Twitter - find out about upcoming events, local news stories and volunteering opportunities near you.
- South Wales Police Family Halloween Event on Monday 31 October. Come along for some spooky fun.
- Network Breakfast in aid of Alzheimer's Society on Thursday 10 November. St Pierre are delighted to host a facilitated networking breakfast in support of Alzheimer's Society. Come and enjoy a coffee, selection of pastries whilst networking.
- Charity Auction on 12 November 2016. The Charity Auction is supporting Alzheimer's Society with lots of prizes up for auction, so come along and show your support.
- Launching the first Dementia Friendly College in Wales Celebration on Wednesday 16 November. Come and join the launch of the first dementia friendly college in Wales at Coleg y Cymoedd Nantgarw Campus
- Torfaen Women in Business on Thursday 17 November. Torfaen Women in Business are holding another successful evening, why don't you come along and join us.
- Christmas Craft Fayre on Sunday 4 December. Lots of festive fun including tombola, craft, games, prizes and even Santa!
- Carols by Candlelight Concert 2016, Cardiff - St John the Baptist, Church Street, Cardiff - on Wednesday, 14 December 2016
- Carols by Candlelight Concert 2016, Port Talbot - St David's Church, St David's Street, Neath - on Friday 16 December 2016
Local volunteering opportunities
Do you have some time to spare? Everyone has something to contribute to the Society. Volunteering is flexible, ranging from a few hours a year to several hours a week. It's your choice.
Find out more about volunteering opportunities in South Wales.
Take your first step towards a world without dementia
Memory Walk is back this September, the count down has started. Memory Walk sees thousands of people raising money for a world without dementia across England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
People of all ages and abilities join in, from grandparents to grandchildren, and even furry four-legged friends. We all walk together to celebrate loved ones affected by dementia, and raise money to reclaim the future
This year we have 31 Memory Walks taking place all over England, Wales and Northern Ireland. Register for a Memory Walk near you.
Alternatively, you may prefer to volunteer at Memory Walk this year instead. We are on the lookout for inspirational people to join our remarkable team of 2016. The support of our volunteers enables us to put on the best events possible to raise money for a world without dementia. Register as a volunteer at your nearest Walk.
A Gift in Your Will
Find out more information about leaving a Gift in your Will.
More about Alzheimer's Society in South Wales
In South Wales there are over 25,000 people living with dementia, and it is predicted that this figure will rise to over 30,000 by 2021.
There are support groups and local services which provide day care and home care for people with dementia, as well as support and befriending services to help partners and families cope with the demands of caring.