- Event Type Trek
- Date 21-22 July 2018
- Location Poole, Dorset
- Registration Fee £60 (normally £80) - Full Challenge / £45 (normally £60) - Half Challenge / £30 (normally £40) - Quarter Challenge
- Fundraising Target £425 - Full Challenge / £275 - Half Challenge / £175 - Quarter Challenge
- Level Moderate - Tough depending on distance
Jurassic Coast Challenge is now open!
Save up to £60 with Action Challenge's 2 for 1 offer!
Sign up now, and ask your friend to do the same, or enter two challenges yourself.
Hurry offer ends 11 February 2018
Walk, Jog or Run along the dramatically stunning Jurassic Coast. Join 2,000 others of all ages and experience for an unforgettable challenge, giving you a weekend to remember. It will be rewarding, fun, and absolutely achievable with your resolve and determination!
A Poole Harbour start, then along the spectacular Jurassic Coast - a World Heritage Site since 2001. Through Lulworth Cove to the Weymouth half way point, then past Portland Bill and the unique Chesil Beach to West Bay's famous cliffs (of TV's Broadchurch fame) - before a welcome finsh line celebration in the vibrant town of Bridport. You'll get full support and great hospitality all the way - leaving you to focus on your challenge! Visit the event website for more infomation!
Join us on 21-22 July 2018.
Registration Fee: £60 (normally £75) - Full Challenge / £45 (normally £56.25) - Half Challenge / £30 (normally £37.50) - Quarter Challenge
Fundraising Target: £425 - Full Challenge / £275 - Half Challenge / £175 - Quarter Challenge
You need to raise 50% of your fundraising target at least 6 weeks before the event in order to confirm your place on the day. Don't worry, we're on hand to help you reach your goal, with lots of fundraising materials at the ready! Please get in touch for a chat if you have any questions, we're always happy to hear from you.
Starting from a tented village overlooking Poole Harbour it's around to Sandbanks, and a short ferry ride across to Studland (timed in & out to 'adjust' for any wait) - and 100km along the magnificent and varied Jurassic Coast to Weymouth at half way. Then on past Chesil Beach to the famous cliffs at West Bay - and a finish line in the vibrant Dorset town of Bridport. This will be a tough but unforgettable challenge with stunning coastal views, famous landmarks, and an unbelievable sense of achievement.
Stage 1 - Poole to Brenscome
Leg Distance: 21km Total Distance: 27km Ascent: 225m
Start: Poole Harbour 0km
Major Rest Stop: 27km
Stage 2 - Brenscome to Weymouth
Leg Distance: 31km Total Distance: 58km Ascent: 1125m
Start: Brenscome 27km
Major Rest Stop: Weymouth 58km
Stage 3 - Weymouth to Langton Herring
Leg Distance: 17km Total Distance: 75km Ascent: 250m
Start: Weymouth 58km
Major Rest Stop: Langton Herring 75km
Stage 4 - Langton Herring to Bridport
Leg Distance: 25km Total Distance: 100km Ascent 250m
Start: LAngton Herring 75km
The Finish!: Bridport 100km
To find out more about this event read Action Challenge's event brochure
What you'll get
When you fundraise for us, you’ll receive:
- a welcome pack with fundraising help and materials
- a free trekking top to represent us on the day
- detailed training guides for each distance and personalised support from our experts
- access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other challengers
- support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target
Action Challenge provide:
- FREE hot food, snacks and drinks at covered rest stop and finish.
- Fully signed route, pace walkers, medics, massage and vehicles to support you
- Timing chips and a timing website for your friends to track you live, and a medal, t-shirt and glass of bubbly for all race finishers
If you have any fundraising questions, you can get in touch with a member of the Challenge Events team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or give us a call on 0330 333 0804 and we will be delighted to help.