This comprehensive guide was produced as a result of a research study into psychological and social care approaches in nursing homes. The objective of the study was to reduce the use of medication through enhanced care, and provide a resource that would promote good practice.
Written by Jane Fossey and Ian James, this book provides robust guidance on processes, areas to focus on, recommended resources and practical ideas and examples of implementing change to improve care.The book comes with a CDRom of resources to help managers or leaders develop a programme of change, and guidelines, checklists, templates and other practical tools are also found throughout the book.
Contents of the book include:
- Considering change - who can help?
- Using training skills effectively
- Supporting and managing development
- Applying good-quality care practices
- Recognising individuals' needs
- Sharing good practice - examples of knowledge in practice