6. Types of care and support that cannot be charged for
The local authority may charge people for care and support services, and for arranging them, but some types of care and support must be free of charge. These include:
- intermediate care, including reablement (for up to six weeks)
- aids and minor adaptations to the home costing less than £1,000
- after-care/support provided under the Mental Health Act 1983 section 117
- NHS services
- any services that an authority has a duty to provide based on other legislation.