4. Benefits of making an LPA
- It can be reassuring to know that, if you are unable to make a decision for yourself in the future, the person you choose will make these decisions for you.
- Making an LPA ensures that the person you want to make decisions for you will be able to do so. This prevents a stranger, or someone you may not trust, from having this power.
- Making an LPA now will make things easier for your family and friends in future. It will be more expensive, difficult and time-consuming for them to get the authority to act on your behalf when you are not able to give it.
- Making an LPA can start discussions with your family or others about what you want to happen in future.