Moving into a care home: advice for lesbian, gay and bisexual people

6. Useful organisations

Care and Social Services Inspectorate Wales (CSSIW)

Government Buildings
Merthyr Tydfil CF48 1UZ
T 0300 062 8800

Encourages the improvement of social care, early years and social services in Wales by regulation, inspection and providing professional advice.

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

National Correspondence
Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 4WH
T 03000 616161

Regulates, inspects and reviews all adult social care services in the public, private and voluntary sectors in England.

Regulation and Quality Improvement Authority (RQIA)

9th Floor Riverside Tower
5 Lanyon Place
Belfast BT1 3BT
T 028 9051 7500

Monitors and inspects the availability and quality of health and social care services in Northern Ireland.


Tower Building
York Road
London SE1 7NX
T 08000 50 20 20

A charity that works to achieve equality and justice for lesbians, gay men and bisexual people of any age.