4. Our supporters
If you are a fundraiser, supporter or campaigner for Alzheimer's Society, or if you have been contacted by us or on our behalf, please read this leaflet about how we use your personal information.
My personal data – what is it?
Your “personal data” is information that identifies you such as your date of birth or your address; or that describes you or reveals something about you for example your health information, opinions or activities.
How does Alzheimer's Society collect and use my personal data?
If you have donated to us, taken part in fundraising activities or responded to our campaigns we will ask to you provide:
- Your name
- Your contact details: address, telephone number, email address
- Sometimes we may ask for more information about you, such as your profession or age. You do not have to provide this, but it helps us to personalise news or updates which may be interesting to you and also to assess the effectiveness of our campaigns and awareness materials.
- When you sign up to take part in activities, which may involve some risk or physical exertion (such as fundraising treks), you may be asked to provide some information about your health. This will be shared with the organiser of the activity to ensure that the event is appropriately safe for you.
- Indication of whether you would like to be provided with news, updates and awareness messages to the contact details you have supplied.
The information that you provide is kept in our secure supporter data system. We use this to keep a record of our communications with you and your marketing preferences.
If you do not wish to receive communications from Alzheimer’s Society, you may use the following methods to let us know:
- Use the “unsubscribe” link, to stop receiving emails.
- Use the STOP code and reply number to stop receiving SMS messages.
- By phone: Customer Care on 0330 333 0804
- In writing, at Customer Care, Alzheimer’s Society, 43-44 Crutched Friars, London, EC3N 2AE.
Please note that if you currently receive Living with dementia magazine, this will continue unless you expressly request otherwise.
Where did you get my information from?
Sometimes we buy mailing or calling lists from 3rd parties. We take steps to ensure that we obtain these lists from reputable sources and we screen the lists against the Mailing Preference Service and the Telephone Preference Service.
If you have been contacted by, or on behalf of Alzheimer’s Society and you wish to know how your details were provided to us or you wish to decline further contact, you can contact our Customer Care team at:
- 0330 333 0804 Your Personal Data: Supporters
- Customer Care, Alzheimer’s Society, 43-44 Crutched Friars, London, EC3N 2AE.
- The feedback form on this website
Is my personal data kept securely?
Alzheimer's Society has a secure Supporter Data system which can only be accessed by authorised people in the Society. Access to the system is tracked and monitored and all of our employees are required to pass a Data Protection assessment before they have access to personal data.
Can I find out what personal data you have about me?
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to request access to personal data about you which is processed by Alzheimer’s Society. If you wish to exercise this right, please send us proof of your identification along with details of your request to:
Information Governance Manager
43-44 Crutched Friars
Or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org