- Event Type Open Water Swim
- Date 8th - 10th June 2018
- Location Lake Windermere
- Registration Fee £25 for 1 mile charity places (£35 - £85 based on chosen distance)
- Fundraising Target £200
- Level Moderate to Tough
The Great North Swim is the largest open water swimming event in the UK. Thousands of swimmers of all abilities don their wetsuits and swimming caps and dive into this beautiful open water location to swim ½ mile, 1 mile, 2 miles, 5K or 10K.
Great North Swim is held in the stunning surroundings of Lake Windermere, England's largest lake at 10.5 miles long (17km), stretching from Ambleside in the North to Newby Bridge in the South.
Dive in next June 2018.
You will pay a registration fee of £25, then commit to raising a miniumum of £200 in sponsorship.
Our charity places are for the 1 mile distance only. You can visit the Great North Swim website to secure your place for another distance in this fantastic event - don't forget to choose Alzheimer’s Society as your charity of choice.
What you'll get
When you swim for us, you’ll receive:
- a welcome pack with fundraising help and materials
- a free team swimming cap once you raise £100
- detailed training guides for different abilities and personalised support from our experts
- access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other swimmers
- support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target
Alzheimer's Society team are always available to answer any fundraising questions you have. Get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com or telephoning 0330 333 0804 and we will be delighted to help.
We ask charity place swimmers to try and get 50% of their fundraising target in to us (£100) by 27th April. If you do, we will send you an Alzheimer's Society team swimming hat to say thank you for your fantastic fundraising.
Do you already have your own place?
If you have secured your own place in the swim through the event organisers, we would love to welcome you to the Alzheimer's Society team! Simply complete our online form or call us on 0330 333 0804. Please note that if you have your own place there is no registration fee or minimum fundraising target.