- Event Type Open Water Swim
- Date 23 June 2018
- Location Alton Water Park, Suffolk
- Registration Fee £25 for 1 mile charity places
- Fundraising Target £200
- Level Moderate - Tough
The Great East Swim is a great day out for swimmers, families and spectators. With farmers' markets, plenty of musical entertainment and swim distances ranging from a half mile right up to a 10k, there really is something for everyone!
Great East Swim is held in the picturesque Alton Water reservoir near Ipswich, Suffolk. The reservoir provides the main source of drinking water for Ipswich and the southern part of Suffolk.
Dive in next 23 June 2018.
You will pay a registration fee of £25, then commit to raising a miniumum of £200 in sponsorship.
Our charity places are for the 1 mile distance only. You can visit the Great East Swim website to secure your place for another distance in this fantastic event - don't forget to choose Alzheimer’s Society as your charity of choice.
What you'll get
When you swim for us, you’ll receive:
- a welcome pack with fundraising help and materials
- a free team swimming cap once you raise £100
- detailed training guides for different abilities and personalised support from our experts
- access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other swimmers
- support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target
Alzheimer's Society team are always available to answer any fundraising questions you have. Get in touch with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephoning 0330 333 0804 and we will be delighted to help.
For further information about the challenge, please visit the official organisers website and take a look at their FAQs.
Do you already have your own place?
If you have secured your own place in the swim through the event organisers, we would love to welcome you to the Alzheimer's Society team! Simply complete our online form or call us on 0330 333 0804. Please note that if you have your own place there is no registration fee or minimum fundraising target.