Easy Read factsheet: Supporting a person with dementia
This Easy Read factsheet is for people with learning disabilities. It is about how you can support someone you know who has dementia to live well.
It covers the following topics:
- Living with dementia
- Respecting the person with dementia
- Dealing with memory problems
- Listening to the person with dementia
- Talking to the person with dementia
- Keeping in touch
- Supporting the person to be active
- Behaving differently
The factsheet was developed in partnership with the British Institute of Learning Disabilities.
2014: 12 pages, A4
This information is currently beyond its review date. We are working to get it updated and reviewed as soon as possible.