Advance decision (Living wills) - more resources
Get details or organisations that can help provide information about advance decisions (Living wills).
- Advance decision (Living wills)
- What is an advance statement?
- Why should I consider making an advance decision or advance statement?
- Will the doctor have to follow my advance decision or advance statement?
- What an advance decision cannot do
- How to make an advance decision
- Advance decision (Living wills) - frequently asked questions
- You are here: Advance decision (Living wills) - more resources
Advance decision (Living wills)
Other useful organisations
Office of the Public Guardian (OPG)
PO Box 16185
Birmingham B2 2WH
The OPG supports and promotes decision-making for those who lack capacity or would like to plan for their future, within the framework of the Mental Capacity Act 2005. It provides free booklets on Enduring and Lasting powers of attorney and deputyship.
Further information and resources
Reviewed January 2013 by: Natalie Melling, Approved Mental Health Professional (Mental Health Act), Independent Social Worker, Best Interests Assessor (Mental Capacity Act) and Irene Chenery, Partner, Chenery Maher Solicitors; member of Solicitors for the Elderly.
Reviewed April 2016 by Alzheimer’s Society
Next review due: April 2019
This information has also been reviewed by people affected by dementia.
A list of sources is available on request.