Sex, intimacy and dementia - other resources
Get details of organisations that can provide information and support about dementia, sex and intimate relationships.
- Sex, intimacy and dementia
- Sex and intimacy - adapting to changes in the person with dementia
- Sex and intimacy - adapting to changes in partners
- Ways of coping with frustration
- Practicalities of sex in care homes
- Consenting to sexual relations
- What to do in cases of suspected abuse
- Forming new relationships
- Maintaining a healthy relationship
- Sexual health and dementia
- You are here: Sex, intimacy and dementia - other resources
Sex, intimacy and dementia
Action on Elder Abuse
PO Box 60001
Streatham SW16 9BY
Charity that works across the UK to protect, and prevent the abuse of, vulnerable older adults.
British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
15 St John's Business Park
Leicestershire LE17 4HB
Organisation working to promote counselling and psychotherapy. Provides information about different types of therapy and contact details of local counsellors and therapists.
The Law Society - Find a Solicitor
Directory to search for local solicitors in England and Wales.
The Law Society of Northern Ireland - Find a Solicitor
Directory to search for local solicitors in Northern Ireland.
Doncaster DN4 5RA
Offers advice, relationship counselling, sex therapy, workshops, mediation, consultations and support face-to-face, by phone and through its website.
London SE1 7NX
A charity offering information on lesbian, gay and bisexual issues.
Last reviewed: July 2015
Next review due: July 2018
Reviewed by: Professor Claire Surr, Professor of Dementia Studies, Leeds Becket University and Dr Michael Bauer, Senior Research Fellow, Australian Centre for Evidence Based Aged Care
This information has also been reviewed by people affected by dementia. A list of sources is available on request from [email protected]