Take on 50km in the heart of this Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - including sections of the Ridgeway, Icknield Way Trail, and Chiltern Way. Walk, Jog, or Run it with 1,500 others - then soak up the finish line festival style celebrations & evening hospitality - with camping options if you're up for it!
This challenge is set in the Chilterns, starting in Henley and moving to Princes Risborough.
Join us on 29 September 2018.
Registration Fee: £20
Fundraising Target: £250
You pay an initial registration fee online - this is per person. It secures your place and is non-refundable, and then you commit to a minimum sponsorship target.
You need to raise 50% of your fundraising target at least 6 weeks before the event in order to confirm your place on the day. Don't worry, we're on hand to help you reach your goal, with lots of fundraising materials at the ready! Please get in touch for a chat if you have any questions, we're always happy to hear from you.
The challenge cuts through a stunning section of the Chiltern Hills, starting in Henley next to the River Thames. Our route follows the Chiltern Way, the historic Ridgeway trail which is one of the oldest roads in England, and the ancient Icknield Way, with rest stops enroute with snacks & drinks, and lunch at half way. There're a few ups & downs before descending to the town of Princes Risborough where the finish line and tented village await, where can enjoy the celebrations, food, drink, and entertainment, well into the Saturday night.
There's parking facilities & shuttle busses to make getting there & away as easy as posible, and camping options on the Friday evening before and the Saturday evening itself for for those who want to make a special weekend of it.
When you fundraise for us, you’ll receive:
- a welcome pack with fundraising help and materials
- a free trekking top once you have raised 50% of the fundraising target
- a detailed training guide and personalised support from our training experts
- access to a Facebook group where you can chat to other challengers
- support from our dedicated events team to help you smash your fundraising target
Action Challenge provide:
- snacks & hot drinks at the start, baguette at halfway
- hot meal at the finish.
- event pack on the day - timing chip, bib, route map
- fully signed route, route map
- zumba themed warm up at the start
- manned Check points en route
- event medics at rest stops
- finish line celebrations & meal
- finishers medal
- fully signed 50k route - Henley to Princes Risborough
- on route support team & full medical support
- coffees, teas & snacks at start line
- optional breakfast to purchase before you set off
- mid-point refuel stops - in morning & afternoon
- medal, glass of fizz as you cross the finish line
- finisher's BBQ & Hog Roast
- shuttles to Princes Risborough station at finish
- post event celebrations - into the night
- fire pit bonfire
- beer tent & bar
- stretching & warm down tent
- optional overnight camping packages
- camping facilities - showers & washrooms
- supporters can also book food & join you
If you have any fundraising questions, you can get in touch with a member of the Challenge Events team by emailing [email protected], or give us a call on 0330 333 0804 and we will be delighted to help.