Sending in money from an event
Find out how to send in money from an event you've held to fundraise for Alzheimer's Society.
When we receive your fundraising we will bank it and issue you with an acknowledgement of receipt by email or post. The fundraising you have sent will be recorded against your name and event on our database.
We hope that this page will tell you everything you need to know to collect, bank and send in your fundraising to the Society. If you have any further questions, or do not have a fundraising pack or donation form, please contact us on 0330 333 0804 or [email protected]
Collecting sponsorship and donations
We know that collecting in pledges and donations after your event can be one of the toughest and most time consuming parts of your fundraising. Read our tips on collecting in sponsorship.
Paying in cash and cheques
- Cheques made payable to Alzheimer's Society - If you are fundraising offline, encourage your donors to give using cheques or Charity Aid Foundation (CAF) vouchers payable to Alzheimer's Society. Please send these direct to the Society along with a completed donation form from your fundraising pack.
- Cash - It is not safe to send cash in the post. If you receive cash, you should deposit in in your bank and send the Society a personal cheque with a completed copy of the donation form from your fundraising pack. Alternatively you can take the cash to a post office and get a postal order payable to Alzheimer's Society.
- Cheques made payable to you - You should deposit these in your bank and forward a personal cheque to Alzheimer's Society with a completed copy of the donation form from your fundraising pack.
Using Credit and Debit cards
- Online Fundraising - If a sponsor prefers to use a debit or credit card, direct them to your online fundraising page.
- Pay in your fundraising using a card - If you prefer not to send a cheque, you can pay in your fundraising by filling in the card details section of the donation form from your fundraising pack or call 0330 333 0804 to make a payment over the phone.
Send in your sponsor forms - if all outstanding funds have been collected please return your completed sponsor forms to us with your fundraising and donation form.
- Gift Aid it - Find out whether you can turn every £1 of your fundraising into £1.25 by reading our information on Gift Aid.
Receipts and acknowledgements
- Receipts for individual donations - If companies or individuals request individual receipts for the amounts they have given you, contact the Customer Care team on 0330 333 0804.
- Alzheimer's Society will acknowledge receipt of your fundraising - We will bank all fundraising and then post or email a receipt to you. This process can take a week to ten days. It is important that you enclose a completed donation form with all fundraising sent to the Society so that we can record the amount against your name and event on our database.
NB: You should not deposit money directly into Alzheimer's Society's bank account. For banking information specific to an Alzheimer's Society event, please refer to your fundraising pack.