Dementia Friendly London
Find out how dementia affects London and the steps we’re taking to make London the first dementia-friendly capital city in the world. We will continue to share updates about our latest initiatives and campaigns.
What will a dementia-friendly London look like?
A Dementia Friendly London is an inclusive and compassionate city where all Londoners affected by dementia are empowered and supported to live well.
People affected by dementia will:
- travel to where they want to go safely
- live somewhere they feel supported, understood and included in community life
- receive the help they need to access quality health, care and support services when and where they require it
- be able to participate in all that London has to offer in arts, culture and leisure
- feel confident to visit local high streets and town centres.
What is Light Up London?
Light Up London is an annual opportunity to show solidarity and support with people affected by dementia who were hit hardest by the pandemic.
On World Alzheimer’s Day in 2021, we launched #LightUpLondon where we asked venues and organisations across the capital to light up blue for people affected by dementia.
What can Londoners do to help people affected by dementia?
Unite with us to create a Dementia Friendly London by: