Supporting customers with dementia and other cognitive difficulties
Improve your awareness and understanding of a range of cognitive difficulties, such as autism, mental health conditions and dementia.
One day course from £695 for up to 16 people
Our course will provide you with the confidence to recognise vulnerabilities, communicate appropriately and provide support.
The dementia module is a compulsory part of this programme.
Pricing: Our training is flexible and cost-effective - we do not charge VAT. We run training in your workplace and offer bespoke consultancy.
Social care and third sector organisations: £695 excluding expenses
Health care and statutory sector organisations: £795 excluding expenses
Private sector organisations: £895 excluding expenses
Who should attend? Employees in the social care, health, voluntary and private sectors.
Course level: Introductory
Course category: Modular
Course duration: One day
Delivery style: Interactive face to face training
Pre-course requirements: None.
Delegate numbers: Groups of 8-16. An extra charge will apply for additional delegates up to a maximum of 20.
- Delegates will have an increased awareness and understanding of autistic conditions, dementia and mental health conditions.
- Learn how to spot the signs and symptoms of the conditions.
- Understand how cognitive difficulties impact a person’s capacity to make decisions and how delegates can support clients
- The course will provide delegates with practical techniques that can be used when engaging with a client with cognitive difficulties and ensure their experience is a positive one
- Understand how to effectively communicate with clients that may have dementia, autism and a mental health condition and how to avoid common pitfalls.
- Understand how to apply best practice principles when operating within the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and the Equality Act 2010 on a day-to-day basis.