Retaining staff caring for a person with dementia
Our course provides managers with the necessary skills to support carers of people with dementia in the workforce and make a real difference to employee contribution, satisfaction and retention.
Prices starting from £395
Of the number of family members caring for a person with dementia in the UK, 51% are in employment, often caring at a distance from where they live and work. The annual cost to businesses of hours lost due to carers reducing their hours or leaving work altogether now equates to £1.6bn in England alone. As well as financial cost, when employees leave they take vital skills and expertise with them.
Our pricing is dependent on your sector: Our training is flexible and cost-effective - we do not charge VAT.
Social care and third sector: £395 excluding expenses
Health care and statutory sector: £395 excluding expenses
Private sector organisations: £449 excluding expenses
Who should attend? Human Resources staff and Line Managers
Course level: Introductory
Course category: Foundation
Course duration: Half day
Delivery style: Interactive in-house face to face training.
Pre-course requirements: Stepping inside dementia or equivalent previous dementia knowledge and/or experience.
Delegate numbers: The course is for between 8-16 delegates. An extra charge will apply for additional delegates up to a maximum of 20.
The course will equip participants to:
- Describe what dementia is and what an employee may face when caring for a person with dementia
- Recognise signs that an employee may have caring responsibilities
- Use ways of initiating and conducting conversations with employees with caring responsibilities, in a sensitive way
- Give examples of how organisations can be flexible towards employees with caring responsibilities
- Identify the support available to employees with dementia caring responsibilities