Improving pain management for people with dementia
Improve your understanding of pain management and gain the skills to assess and reduce pain for people living with dementia.
One day course from £595 for up to 16 people
Research has highlighted that people with dementia are at higher risk of experiencing unmanaged pain. Our course provides participants with the evidence and understanding, as well as practical tools, to enable them to assess pain in people with dementia and overcome barriers to pain management.
To book a course or for more information, please contact the Training and Consultancy team on 01904 929 464 or email [email protected]. Alternatively, please make an online enquiry and we'll get back to you.
Pricing: Our training is flexible and cost-effective - we do not charge VAT. Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
- Social care: £595 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Third sector: £749 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Health care, statutory and housing sector: £795 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
- Private sector: £995 plus expenses per day for up to 16 people
Who should attend? It is suitable for anyone working or volunteering in the health and social care sectors.
Course level: Specialist practice and development
Course category: Intermediate
Course duration: One full day
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training
Pre-course requirements: Dementia awareness training or equivalent previous dementia knowledge and/or experience.
Delegate numbers: Groups of 8-16 delegates. An extra charge will apply for additional delegates up to a maximum of 20.
- Understand how pain is experienced by people in different ways
- Describe how damage to the brain caused by dementia may affect a person’s experience of pain
- Understand why people with dementia are at risk of experiencing unmanaged pain
- Understand the principles and practice of pain management
- Be able to apply methods of assessing pain in people with dementia
- Be aware of barriers to pain management and plan to overcome these