Dementia awareness training for staff working in emergency services
Increase your skills and confidence in supporting people living with dementia in emergency situations.
You will learn:
- The signs and symptoms of dementia
- How to effectively communicate with people affected by dementia and build positive relationships
- How to identify and respond to the emotional needs of people living with dementia and their families in emergency situations.
Prices start from £395 per course for up to 16 people
One attendee said of the course:
The course was very informative and engaging. The scenarios used were very useful as they were situations which are very common in my day to day role.
Who should attend? This course is suitable for all staff working in the emergency services, including ambulance, police, fire and search and rescue.
Course level: Foundation
Duration: Half day (3 hours)
Pricing: Our pricing is dependent on your sector:
- Social care and third sector: £395 plus expenses per session for up to 16 people
- Health care, statutory and housing sector: £395 plus expenses per session for up to 16 people
We do not charge VAT on our training, saving you 20%.
Delivery style: Interactive face-to-face training
Pre-course requirements: Delegates are required to read a short dementia factsheet ahead of the training, which will be provided by Alzheimer's Society.
Delegate numbers: 8 to 16 people per session. Additional delegates may attend (up to a maximum of 20) for an additional charge of £49 per person.