Annual Conference 2022
The theme of our 2022 conference is Diagnosis - progressing the key issues around the diagnosis of dementia and the diagnostic and post diagnostic pathway for dementia.
Our flagship annual conference returns in 2022 during Dementia Action Week and will be a force for change, to highlight the biggest problems facing a dementia diagnosis.
'We have the right to an early and accurate diagnosis, and to receive evidence-based, appropriate, compassionate and properly funded care and treatment, from trained people who understand us and how dementia affects us. This must meet our needs, wherever we live.'
The importance of a dementia diagnosis cannot be understated. It facilitates access to vital care and support that enables people to live well with the condition. Its importance is outlined in the Dementia Statements, which are grounded in human rights law.
Date: Tuesday 17 May 2021
Location: Park Plaza Hotel, Victoria, London
Elements of the day will also be available online.
Introducing the theme
- The conference will focus on the diagnosis of dementia, what is being done but what still needs to be done for people affected by dementia, including the latest innovations.
- Featuring key note speaker presentations, coupled with parallel sessions which will focus around taking action on and progressing the key issues around the diagnosis of dementia and the diagnostic and post diagnostic pathway for dementia (within an integrated system of health and social care).
- The conference will also include content on the research and innovations into diagnosis/diagnostics, including technology innovations that could change the diagnosis of dementia, and how close we are to blood based biomarkers becoming routine in the diagnosis of dementia.
Who should attend?
We welcome delegates from across policy and health sectors including:
- Thought leaders
- Policy makers
- Professional bodies
- Health and social care professionals
- Government and local authority representatives
- People with an association to dementia
What can conference delegates gain access to?
• A jam packed conference programme
• Conference plenary sessions coupled with parallel sessions, each focused around taking action on and progressing the key issues around the diagnosis of dementia
• Content on the research and innovations into diagnosis/diagnostics
• Our interactive conference App
• Panel discussions and audience Q and As
• CPD accredited programme
• Networking opportunities - via our exhibition, drinks reception and App networking tool
If you are interested in exhibiting at our conference, please contact the team at [email protected]
Alzheimers Society Annual Conference 2022
If you would like to find out more about ASAC2022, please register your interest.