Elf the musical to host special opening night in aid of Alzheimer's Society
Published 3 July 2015
ELF the musical will be donating all ticket sales from its Opening Night on Thursday 5 November to Alzheimer’s Society. Produced by Michael Rose and U-Live, the London premiere of ELF at the Dominion Theatre will star Ben Forster (winner of ITV’s Superstar), Kimberley Walsh (Girls Aloud), Joe McGann and Jessica Martin.
ELF the musical will be donating all ticket sales from its Opening Night on Thursday 5 November to Alzheimer's Society. Produced by Michael Rose and U-Live, the London premiere of ELF at the Dominion Theatre will star Ben Forster (winner of ITV's Superstar), Kimberley Walsh (Girls Aloud), Joe McGann and Jessica Martin.Jon Bodenham, Director of Fundraising at Alzheimer's Society, said:
Speaking about the opening night, producer Michael Rose, said:
'We are delighted that ELF the musical has chosen to partner with Alzheimer's Society for a special fundraising evening. We hope that those who attend enjoy a wonderful evening of entertainment. The money raised from ticket sales will be used to help support the 850,000 people living with dementia and continue vital research.
'For people living with dementia, singing is a very powerful tool. When memories are hard to retrieve, music can be easier to recall. Alzheimer's Society Singing for the Brain service, which is delivered nationwide, helps to boost confidence, self-esteem and quality of life by involving people with dementia and their carers.'
'We are all so proud and delighted to be able to support such a worthy organisation, whose work is paramount to those affected by this devastating condition, and myself, our co-producers at U-Live and the entire ELF company hope the gala opening on November 5th at London's Dominion Theatre will be an even more memorable and special event because of the money and awareness raised.'
Based on the beloved 2003 New Line Cinema hit starring Will Ferrell, ELF is the hilarious tale of Buddy, a young orphan child who mistakenly crawls into Santa's bag of gifts and is transported back to the North Pole. Unaware that he is actually human, Buddy's enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa's permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father, discover his true identity, and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.
For more information on how to purchase tickets for this opening night on 5th November and the additional 10 week season at the Dominion Theatre, visit http://www.elfthemusical.co.uk/ / http://www.dominiontheatre.com/
- Ends -
Notes to editors:
- 225,000 will develop dementia this year, that's one every three minutes
- Alzheimer's Society research shows that 850,000 people in the UK have a form of dementia. In less than ten years a million people will be living with dementia. This will soar to two million people by 2051
- Dementia costs the UK economy over £26 Billion per year. This is the equivalent of more than £30,000 per person with dementia.
- Alzheimer's Society champions the rights of people living with dementia and the millions of people who care for them
- Alzheimer's Society works in England, Wales and Northern Ireland
- Alzheimer's Society supports people to live well with dementia today and funds research to find a cure for tomorrow. We rely on voluntary donations to continue our vital work. You can donate now by calling 0845 306 0898 or visiting alzheimers.org.uk
- Alzheimer's Society provides a National Dementia Helpline, the number is 0300 222 11 22 or visit alzheimers.org.uk
Press Office 08450 744 395 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Founded in 1979 as the Alzheimer's Disease Society. Royal Patron: HRH Princess Alexandra, The Hon Lady Ogilvy KG GCVO, President Emeritus: Sir Jonathan Miller CBE, Chair: Dame Gill Morgan, DBE, Vice-Chair: Ann Beasley CBE, Honorary Treasurer: John Grosvenor FCA CPA, Chief Executive: Jeremy Hughes. Registered office: Devon House, 58 St Katharine's Way, London E1W 1LB. Registered charity no. 296645. A company limited by guarantee and registered in England no. 2115499.
Contact the Press team
+44 (0) 20 7423 3595