South Wales area
Welcome to the South Wales page. Here you can find out what is happening in your area, and how you can organise an event yourself.
Need some local fundraising support?
Your community fundraiser is here to give you a hand by offering you support, materials and advice. Alternatively tell us about your fundraising idea and we will get in touch with you. Simply fill out our South Wales 'organising your own event' online form.Aimee Hopkins
Community Fundraiser - South East Wales and Gwent
Tel: 02920 475 573 or 07568 116330
Community Fundraiser - South West Wales
Tel: 02920 475 579 or 07725 600595
Join us on Facebook and Twitter
Join Alzheimer's Society South Wales on Facebook and Twitter - find out about upcoming events, local news stories and volunteering opportunities near you.
- Take me to Alzheimer's Society - South Wales Facebook page
- Follow Alzheimer's Society - South Wales on Twitter
- Leap into Action for Dementia - Saturday, 24 May 2014 at Swansea Skydive, Swansea Airport - why not take up the challenge of a lifetime and join us for our tandem skydive?
- Charity Golf Day - Friday, 13 June 2014 - Join us for our annual Charity Golf Day which takes place at Pennard Golf Course, Swansea.
- Coffee Morning - Saturday, 12 April 2014 - Jennings Solicitors, Llanelli are holding a coffee morning in aid of Alzheimer's Society.
- Charity Ladies Night - Friday, 25 July 2014 - Come along for a night full of guaranteed fun and entertainment at Milford Haven Rugby Club's Charity Ladies Night
- Family Law Practice supports Alzheimer's Society - We were very excited to hear Alzhiemer's Society has been chosen by Wendy Hopkins Family Law Practice as their Charity of the Year.
- Cardiff Volunteer Fundraising Group raises over £900 for Alzheimer's Society - On Friday 7 March the Cardiff Volunteer Fundraising Group held their annual barn dance at the Earl Haig Memorial Club, Whitchurch, Cardiff.
- Hair today, gone tomorrow..... - A Bridgend resident is all set for a very close shave to mark her 75th birthday later this month to help raise vital funds for Alzheimer's Society.
- Fundraising at Coleg Gwent, Risca for Alzheimer's Society - Alzheimer's Society were recently chosen by the Hospitality and Catering department at Coleg Gwent to be the recipient of their fundraising activities.
To read older news articles about Alzheimer's Society in Wales, head to our news archive
Local volunteering opportunities
Do you have some time to spare? Everyone has something to contribute to the Society. Volunteering is flexible, ranging from a few hours a year to several hours a week. It's your choice. Find out more about volunteering opportunities in your area.
More about Alzheimer's Society in South Wales
In South Wales there are over 25,000 people living with dementia, and it is predicted that this figure will rise to over 30,000 by 2021.
There are support groups and local services which provide day care and home care for people with dementia, as well as support and befriending services to help partners and families cope with the demands of caring.
Community Fundraising Support Officer - Wales
Address: Alzheimer's Society
16 Columbus Walk
Cardiff CF10 4BY
Tel: 02920 475 572
Visit Talking Point and take part in the discussions