South Wales area
Welcome to the South Wales page. Here you can find out what is happening in your area, and how you can organise an event yourself.
Need some local fundraising support?
Your community fundraiser is here to give you a hand by offering you support, materials and advice. Alternatively tell us about your fundraising idea and we will get in touch with you.
Community Fundraiser - South West and South East Wales
Tel: 07725 600595
Community Fundraiser - Gwent
Tel: 07568 116330
Join us on Facebook and Twitter
Join Alzheimer's Society South Wales on Facebook and Twitter - find out about upcoming events, local news stories and volunteering opportunities near you.
- Fashion Show and Afternoon Tea - 17 April 2015 - If you are a dedicated follower of fashion who loves to endulge in a tasty afternoon cream tea, then this is an afternoon of fundraising that you simply won't want to miss.
Cardiff Half Marathon - 4 October 2015 - The Cardiff Half Marathon starts and finishes in Cardiff Bay and due to its flat course, it is fast becoming a key event on the autumn running calendar.
Velothon Wales - 14 June 2015 - Combining a closed road sportive alongside a UCI sanctioned professional race, Velothon Wales promises to deliver a weekend of cycling on a scale that Wales has never before witnessed.
Snowdon Midnight Challenge - 15 May 2015 - Climb Snowdon, the highest mountain in Wales, at night! Take on this unique challenge to climb by torch and moonlight, reaching the summit to witness the sunrise
- Over £8,000 raised for Alzheimer's Society in memory of Sylvia Wilding - A family from Gwent in south Wales has raised over £8,000 for Alzheimer's Society with a number of successful fundraising events in memory of the late Sylvia Wilding.
- Newport City Homes Charity Walk - Barbara Davies from Newport City Homes, in particular the Aneurin Bevan Court, and three friends, took to the streets of Newport and walked across five bridges.
- Hair today, gone tomorrow... - A Bridgend resident is all set for a very close shave to mark her 75th birthday later this month to help raise vital funds for Alzheimer's Society.
- Fundraising at Coleg Gwent, Risca for Alzheimer's Society - Alzheimer's Society were recently chosen by the Hospitality and Catering department at Coleg Gwent to be the recipient of their fundraising activities.
Local volunteering opportunities
Do you have some time to spare? Everyone has something to contribute to the Society. Volunteering is flexible, ranging from a few hours a year to several hours a week. It's your choice.
Find out more about volunteering opportunities in South Wales.
More about Alzheimer's Society in South Wales
In South Wales there are over 25,000 people living with dementia, and it is predicted that this figure will rise to over 30,000 by 2021.
There are support groups and local services which provide day care and home care for people with dementia, as well as support and befriending services to help partners and families cope with the demands of caring.
Regional Fundraising Support Officer - Wales
Address: Alzheimer's Society
16 Columbus Walk
Cardiff CF10 4BY
Tel: 02920 475 572
Visit Talking Point and take part in the discussions