If you have concerns about Alzheimer's disease or about any other form of dementia, Alzheimer's Society National Dementia Helpline 0300 222 1122 can provide information, support, guidance and signposting to other appropriate organisations.
- The Helpline is usually open from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and Saturday and Sunday 10am - 4pm.
- The service may be closed occasionally during these times for operational reasons or because of staff shortage.
- Callers speak to trained Helpline Advisers.
Helpline opening times over Christmas period
- Monday 23 December - open
- Tuesday 24 December - close at 1pm
- Wednesday 25 & 26 December - closed
- Friday 27 December - open
- Saturday 28 & 29 December - closed
- Monday 30 December- open
- Tuesday 31 December - open
- Wednesday 1 January - closed
- Thursday 2 January - open
- Friday 3 January - open
Helpline calls may be recorded or monitored for training and evaluation purposes.
The Society's policy on confidentiality is in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998).
If you are looking for information about claiming back care home fees, please refer to the download 'When does the NHS Pay for Care' for further information.