Many people are happier if they can remain independent and in their own homes as long as possible.
To acheive this, it may be necessary to make some adaptions to their homes or to use new equipment and/or assistive technology that has been designed to enable people with dementia to remain independent for longer or make it easier for others to give support.
- Living alone factsheet
- Living with dementia booklet on 'Living alone'
- Safety in the home
- Assistive technology
- Living with dementia booklet on 'Keeping safe in your home'
- Equipment, adaptations and improvements to the home
- Living with dementia booklet on 'Employment'
- Driving and travelling
- Maintaining everyday skills