Living with dementia
A diagnosis of dementia can come as a shock. Even if you have been half expecting it, this will be a worrying and upsetting time. It can also be hard for those close to you. You will all need a great deal of reassurance and support. However, there is much that you can do in the early stages that can help to make life easier and more enjoyable, both now and in the future.
As an introduction, you may wish to read our factsheet, What if I have dementia?
In this section
- Share your story
- Alzheimer's Society National Dementia Helpline
- Find out where to get help
- Driving and travelling
- Tips on helping a family cope with dementia
- Maintaining a relationship with a grandparent who has dementia
- Social media resources
- Copyright and permissions request
- Help shape our research programme
- Infographic - information on how well people are living with dementia